Help yourself. Volunteer!
Have time to give or a topic to share? PG Members are encouraged to participate in a variety of ways! Let us know your interests – we want to see you often and active in YOUR Heritage Society!
Here are some of our volunteer opportunities:
- Serve on a Committee (Annual Home Tour, Special Events, Hospitality, Historian, Fundraising, Publicity)
- Share my Expertise (Research, Program Speaker, Seminar Presenter, Social Media, Marketing, Web Design)
- Be a Docent (Guides assist at Annual Home Tour, Bus Tours, Downtown Tours, Grace Center Tours). Please Note: all Docent positions receive thorough training!
- Be an Office Aide (help staff Grace Center, do preservation research, assist with mailings)
- Help with Home Tour (special ‘elf’ workdays, decorating, logistics and more)
Volunteer Interest Form
Complete form and click "submit"
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Georgetown is so much cooler than Austin. Tonight, at a Heritage Society function (you should all join), I spoke with one of the first mathematics curators at the Smithsonian, visited two gorgeous Portuguese Water Dogs and enjoyed the company of so many awesome people! I've heard it many ContinueTaylor Kidd
Volunteers are the heart and soul of the Georgetown Heritage Society and our organization could not achieve its goals without the energy and dedication which they provide through their many hours of service. Our volunteers provide invaluable connections to our past and help shape the vision for our future. GHS is committed to encouraging the involvement of volunteers to enhance the ContinueMelinda Howell Director
Come join us as we learn and preserve! Each level of membership offers special benefits. All membership levels include an invitation to our new Third Thursday gatherings. Join us as we gather in members’ homes and businesses and share fellowship, fun, snacks & wine. “Friend” and higher levels of membership offer other benefits such as invitations to two private social ContinueCindy Harrington Director